Modern cars, light trucks, and sport-utility vehicles come with complex
technology such as digital dashboards, oxygen sensors, electronic computers,
unibody construction, and more. They run better, longer, and more
efficiently than models of years past. However, they eventually need to be
Before taking your vehicle in for repairs or service, do your homework so you receive the best possible service.
- Read the owner's manual to learn about the vehicle's systems and components.
- Follow the recommended service schedules.
- Keep a log of all repairs and service.
- Do not ignore any warning signals your car may give you.
- Carry a written list of the symptoms that you can give your mechanic.
- Resist the temptation to suggest a specific course of repair. Allow our experienced technicians to diagnose and recommend a remedy.
- It's important to note when the problem occurs. Is it constant or periodic? Does it occur when the vehicle is cold or after the engine has warmed up? Does it happen at all speeds? Only under acceleration? During braking? When shifting?
Check for the following common vehicle maintenance issues on a regular basis:
- Unusual sounds, odors, drips, leaks, smoke, warning lights, gauge readings.
- Changes in acceleration, engine performance, gas mileage, fluid levels.
- Worn tires, belts, hoses.
- Problems in handling, braking, steering, and vibrations.
- When did the problem first start?
How to manage your service experience:
- Ask as many questions as needed to fully understand your repair. Ask for an explanation in laymans terms if necessary.
- Don't rush the technicians. You may be called and apprised of the problem, course of action, and cost before work begins.
- Before you leave, be sure you understand shop policies regarding labor rates, guarantees, and acceptable methods of payment.
- Make sure the shop has your contact information readily available, so you can be reached as soon as possible.
Happened to have a low tire pressure light on in JP. Pulled over and asked for help. A gentleman recommended me here. They didn't hesitate to help. Honest and gracious people. Not enough just to say Thank you. I'll be out of my way, do myself a favor and give them business.
I visited Morrison's to have an engine leak test performed, hoping to find the source of a strong, persistent burning smell coming from my engine. I had attempted to resolve this problem at two other shops previously. Morrison's was able to correctly diagnose the issue, and have my car back to me the next day. I couldn't have hoped for a better outcome. They addressed several other problems while there, and got everything in my older Volvo up to snuff. I appreciate them for their great customer service and professionalism. I very much look forward to using them again in the future, and would recommend them.
Sarah Bergin, 05/10/2022
Great service! They're so friendly and communicative and the prices are very fair.
Kate Parks, 05/02/2022